Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A mocktail baby shower!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

When it comes to opening presents, I'm extremely impatient. I'm the annoying bouncy little girl that sits under the Christmas tree shaking presents and trying to peel back the paper until the very last minute. I thought I'd outgrow it by now, but I still find myself poking and pushing the packages around with my index finger, watching it closely as if it will come to life and shout "I'm a new eyelash curler!!" ...which is on my Christmas list this year, in case anyone was wondering *wink wink Christopher*. My pen pal, Miss BeckyKayDesigns, had sent me a package with strict instructions not to rip open her packages a minute sooner. I guess I figure if a package doesn't come with similar instructions, its fair game, and I let loose on all of its crinkly papery goodness.


One of my favorite friends in the world, Kristen, threw me a fantastic baby shower this past Sunday. She decorated her apartment to perfection, complete with framed ultrasound pictures, and made me my very first diaper cake, which I would have eaten if Christopher hadn't baked me 5 dozen cookies and a batch of pumpkin maple bars. This was the first time I've gone somewhere other than my house, and been able to graze on the goodies. Usually I go to parties and have to practically wear a gas mask in order to not inhale the tiny wheat particles and have an allergic reaction. I was scared at first, that everyone would hate my gluten-soy-dairy-egg-everything-free delights, but they seemed to be a success. Christopher really came through for me, and baked all day long while I slept off my previous days preterm labor hospital knock-out drugs. For a minute, I thought I'd have to be carried into my baby shower, wrapped in a blanket with a pillow attached to my face, haha.

Mr. Charlie got plenty of thoughtful presents. Lots and lots of onesies. Some handmade, some store bought. The clothes that he wears during his first couple months of life will really make an impact on my memories. I still remember all of Eleanore's teeny tiny outfits. Plus I took a thousand and twelve pictures, so I could never forget. He got a womb bear, that sounds like a mothers heartbeat. He got some itty bitty socks and booties. A super soft blanket. Burp cloths. A gorgeous wall hanging with his name on it, done in tattoo style. All wonderful things that I appreciated more than I could tell everyone. And on top of the shower gifts, I've gotten a few random packages in the mail lately, with gifts for me, which I really didn't expect. Just the other day I got a super surprising present from Miss Megan, also known as lemonade. Its so special to me that I lectured Christopher on the importance of never putting his sasquatch hands on it. Its not his fault he breaks nearly everything that he comes in contact with...

Isn't that perfect? I haven't used it yet, I'm waiting for a special occasion I guess. And then yesterday, as I was laying in bed like a big frumpy contraction filled lump, I got these gorgeous postcards in the mail from Miss JessicaJane, or, petitehouse.

Everyone has really been so great towards me and my family lately. My mailbox has been filled with colorful envelopes and packaging, and my blog flooded with wonderful comments and well wishes. I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to give us some of their love. It means a lot to us...

11 comments:

Unknown November 25, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Ok, you make me want to make out with you. You are the perfect woman.... I love you.

*bats eyelashes*

When is the due date?!

April November 25, 2008 at 10:35 AM  

I too am impatient with presents...it's best if they just magically appear when I'm supposed to open them. Suspense kills me!

and I LOVE the petitehouse postcard!

Hobocamp Crafts November 25, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

Congrats on a wonderful shower- You look amazing!! Charlie is so lucky to be soo loved and have such a great family! That Charlie onesie rocks- I can't compete--- but keep an eye open at your mail box.
xo
Be Well Mama!

Anonymous,  November 25, 2008 at 12:15 PM  

You look great! I know the impatient feeling. My hubby puts out (heavily-wrapped) gifts as soon as possible just to torment me! I think the suspense of pregnancy would be too much for me! I'ld be begging that baby to come out as soon as I knew it would be healthy if early ;)

Unknown November 25, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

I am the SAME WAY about presents! I always have been. hehe.

My sister is pregnant right now and if she has a boy, it's going to be named Charlie. :D How cute.

Unknown November 25, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

Been there, done that, got the allergy-free maple pumpkin bar to prove it.

Hehe.

You got some seriously awesome stuff. I wish I'd had a boy!

My Inspired Reality November 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

I am impatient with presents too:) You look great and here is a big hug from me. Hope Charlie arrives with not too much trouble:):)

Oh Mandie November 26, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

Charlie is going to be one hip baby!

Looks like your shower was tons of fun!! Now go spend your last few weeks with your feet up and get some rest Momma!

Anonymous,  November 26, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

Awwww we're all so excited for you! :) Looks like your shower was a hit!

Unknown November 27, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

so wonderful to receive all that goodness.

lol @ the thought of being carried into the baby shower.

Taina November 29, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

What a great baby shower! You make a gorgeous pregnant woman. I can't wait to see photos of the baby when he finally comes!

Post a Comment