Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Mr. Man.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I still sleep with him in my arms at night. We have a bassinet. We have two, actually. But I just can't put him down. At first I would wake up every 10 or 20 minutes to make sure that he was still breathing. I did the same thing with Eleanore when she was a baby. I wake up and feel his cheeks and forehead, and if he feels even slightly cold, I panic and jolt myself awake with adrenaline. A friend of mine lost a baby to SIDS when I was 10 or 11, and ever since, I've had a lingering paranoia. I've slightly calmed down in the past few days. I can sleep for a few hours at a time before waking up to check on him. It wasn't until last night that we stopped using an alarm clock to wake him up for feedings. The boy would just keep on sleeping. Now that hes back up to his birth weight and his blood sugar has stabilized, we're letting him tell us when its time to eat. Most of the time at least. If my chest is throbbing, I'll make an exception. I've still got my mom force field up, but have lessened the intensity? By that I mean, I can let someone else hold him and not go crazy, but it doesn't last long, so you've gotta grab him when you can. Unless hes got a poopy diaper or won't burp... then hes all yours.

11 comments:

Kim Caro January 7, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

I had to anny twein premies and their mother would put them on their bellys to sleep...isnt that a no no?

well the girls loved it and are still alive so i guess its ok for them

Beth January 7, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

He is just beautiful! You do what you have to and whatever works. There is no right or wrong way to being a new mommy. Besides, the snuggles are wonderful.

I AM SALVAGE January 7, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

hello tia! its chelsea here (SEATTLE CHELSEA). I started a blog for my sort of business. ..HOW DO I ADD YOU???? you look like an expert,maybe you can assist me.

Anonymous,  January 7, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Awe, what a sweetie. I love that. My boy just turned 6 months today. Enjoy the itty bitty stage

Johanna January 7, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

Look at that belly, and the pout! How could you ever let him go?

We slept with Kaya in our bed for the first 10 weeks. At that point I was interrupting her sleep too much and she moved into her crib. If it was up to me we'd still have her sleeping with us!

Impossible Alice January 7, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

Awww, he's just beautiful - look at that belly! I wouldn't want to put him down either! Enjoy him while he's so little - before you know it he'll be running around like a tornado and you'll be dreaming of him at this age!

muffintopdesigns January 8, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

i am so totally thrilled for you both!! he is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! (he OBVIOUSLY takes after his momma!)

love ya,
xoxoxooxox

LeaKarts January 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Such a little doll! You are a good mama. Just don't forget to get some rest for yourself, too! :D

Taina January 8, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

What a gorgeous baby boy! I am so excited to read these latest threads since the birth! You have such a beautiful family! Congratulations!

<3

Anonymous,  January 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

Tia, I held Annelie in my arms every single night until she was 11 months old. I was surprised that she would move to the crib so easily, after never ever having slept away from me, but she did. I missed her like crazy though! Nothing helps me sleep better than cuddling a little baby all night long.

I can't wait to meet the little booger!! He is adorable!

Post a Comment