Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Nothing and everything all at once.

Thursday, May 28, 2009




Really, its been that long since I've written on my blog page? Well, while both of the babies are sleeping peacefully (why did I have to just say that and jinx myself), I could use a few minutes of relaxation, just me and my keyboard. I've switched gears and jumped the track from my previous routine. I've been spending more time at the gym, more time outside, more time with my family. I've got so many freckles on my shoulders it looks like I've just got hit with a mud filled water balloon. My knee has been in a brace for the past 2 weeks, thanks to surprise running injury. I thought by now I'd be better, but made the mistake of skipping up the stairs with a little too much enthusiasm, while the brace took a nap on the living room floor. Looks like a more heavy duty brace will be taking the sleepy brace's place, and my leg will remain sweaty and uncomfortable for the rest of spring, and well into summer. Christopher tested for Ssgt, but won't find out if he passed or not, until the end of August. Eleanore, the little dear, has mastered the art of fake crying, and can now flail her arms and legs in directions that shouldn't even exist while throwing a tantrum. To be a little more fair, she's also widened her vocabulary to include such sweet sayings as "please", "thank you", and "scrumptious". The trade works. Mr. Charles Vincent has survived his very first haircut, discovered my face with his hands (I have the fingernail sliced lip to prove it), and become one with his JumpeRoo. In more me related news, I mowed a lawn for the very first time ever (!!!!). I know that might sound crazy, and sheltered, but I'm proud of myself. We had a garage sale this past weekend, in attempts to rid ourselves of box hogging baby clothes for the rest of our lives, and keeping around an unused 7 year old blender. We got rained out on the 2nd day. The first day however, did go better than expected. We might take another stab at it this weekend. Ok, and every weekend until the stuff is gone? Its more difficult having a garage sale on base, since its not open to the general public. A members only garage sale. Earlier today the little girl from across the street peed in our outside playhouse. We hosed it off and let hte kids play in the hose-made "puddle". Speaking of puddle stomping, last week we had multiple flash storms. During the heaviest of downpours, I grabbed Eleanore's feet, pulled off her socks, and dragged her out into the golf ball sized water drops to dance in the humidity. When she realized how wet she was, inside we went for a bubble bath and a Little Mermaid sing along. Charlie took his first swim in a baby pool, since we're still on the topic of water. It was a naked swim, filled with cute chubby baby fat rolls and a free flowing urine fountain (wait, thats the 2nd mention of pee in this entry isn't it? Its something my world kind of revolves around these days). That's to be expected though, and cute while hes still this little. Having the silence in my house has allowed me to ramble on about everything swishing around in my brain that I've been meaning to blog about, but haven't gotten around to spelling out. Maybe next time things will make a little more sense...

4 comments:

Hybrid Hopes May 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

the pics are, as usual, adorable.

Megan May 29, 2009 at 12:34 AM  

"Eleanore, the little dear, has mastered the art of fake crying, and can now flail her arms and legs in directions that shouldn't even exist while throwing a tantrum."

Oh gosh. That cracked me up.

Anonymous,  May 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

Wow what a busy day! That sunburn looks mighty painful, I hope you have aloe vera!

You've been awarded the Lovely Blog Award because your photos allow us to have a peek into your world and really make us understand your creative process. Check out my blog to see, congratulations! :)

BeckyKay June 2, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Whew! I was starting to think you'd dropped off the planet! :)

Post a Comment