Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

2 years in the making

Monday, July 13, 2009

After a long weekend of triple digit temperatures, endless yard work, and shred after shred, I got the chance to take a nice long hot shower. The dirt washed off me in seconds, as if it was screaming to jump away from my skin and dive down the drain. Good, because I really didn't feel comfortable with it hijacking the space on my neck anyways. As always, when I got out of the shower my cat was waiting for me on the floor mat, thinking that I was going to immediately bend down and start petting her, even though she knows I'm soaking wet and will just drip all over her. She doesn't learn. I stepped over her, and went to the bathroom sink, where my husband had so nicely piled up clean underwear, a clean bra, and clean breast pads (I prefer Johnson and Johnson. I tried cloth, but I soak right through them. All 5 layers of them). I looked up to pin my hair into place, and... who in the heck is that?

I didn't recognize myself

I started pawing at my face. Is that a jaw bone? I turned my head left then right, and back again. Up then down, and back again. I turned to the right side, examined myself from a different angle. Turned to the left. Did the same from behind. Turned to the front again. This went on until the new image of me burned into my brain.

I've been so overweight for so long. The pounds started sneaking on around the same time I met my husband. Right after our very first pregnancy (we had a pregnancy before Miss Eleanore), actually. The pounds just kept coming, and coming, and before I knew it, things were out of control. I always thought about losing weight, but didn't know what to do about it. I had a million excuses as to why I couldn't eat healthy or exercise. I guess in my head, I kept telling myself that the pounds would just melt away on their own.

I had a 3.5 pounds weight loss last week, bringing my total thus far close to 50. I have 3 days remaining on my 30 Day Shred. I think I finally feel like I'm on the right track. Like the days of dieting and workout failures are behind me.

This is my new healthy life.
(Hopefully soon I can find something other than weight loss and the insane heat to blog about, sorry folks, hang in there)

11 comments:

Chubby Stubby Kay July 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Tia...

You look absolutely AMAZING!!

All your hard work is paying off and I am so proud of you for being able to stick with the 30 Day Shred. I truly hope that I can follow in your footsteps! You motivate me to get off my butt and get Shredding!

Congrats on your weight loss! 50 pounds is wonderful! You truly are beautiful, inside and out!

Amanda July 13, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

You look awesome - congrats!!! Wouldn't have recognized your before pic. Keep up the great work! :D

Diana July 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

You are absolutely incredible and look amazing. CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's sincere hard work and dedication. I'm so thrilled for you!

Meghan July 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Congrats! You look great!

I just started a 30 day work out challenge with my wii. Day 1 was yesterday and it was so much fun, I'm actually pumped to keep going at it!

Keep up the great work!

LeaKarts July 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Fantastic, amazing work! You are gorgeous :)

Ms. Jessie July 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

I have a friend who has the 30 day shred and I think that I am going to try it out. You have inspired me.

Carrie July 13, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

awesome. I mean, really. Very cool pictoral evidence.

You done good, girl.

Megan July 13, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

I also wouldn't have recognized the older pic of you! Congrats on your weight loss and getting healthy, my dear.

And you know I think you're gorgeous.

five dot design July 14, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

they don't make a font big or bold enough for me to say

YAY!!

so so so proud of you... makes me tear up a bit my dear because i know exactly what you went thru. keep at it!

Ricki July 14, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Hi Tia,
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! And CONGRATULATIONS on your incredible weight loss (you look great!). I'm part of the way there--very inspiring to read about your journey!

Re: the tofu pudding, I wouldn't suggest using stevia (I've tried it). In order to sweeten it enough to be palatable, you need quite a bit of stevia, and I found it left an aftertaste at that level. Also, the agave adds part of the texture. Of course, give it a try if you like and let me know how it turns out for you--maybe it's just a personal taste thing!

Hybrid Hopes July 15, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

hey.
http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2009/05/gluten-free_play_clay_beads.html

because i'm too lazy to message you in another way :)

i've seen that recipe before, but never described as "gluten free" before. and, well... thought you might like the link...

Post a Comment