Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Surprise

Thursday, July 9, 2009


I call this "Cheesecake Surprise", because I made it out of whatever was in the fridge. Its not actual cheesecake, of course, its made with a tofu base. It came out much better than expected, for just throwing a few random ingredients into the Vita Mix. So without further procrastination, I offer y'all the recipe to my "Cheesecake Surprise". Feel free to alter as you please...

Ingredients:
-1 package soft tofu
-1 cup sour cream (we don't usually have this in our house, but it just so happened we bought this for potato salad on the 4th, and had some left over)
-6 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
-2 eggs
-2 tablespoons stevia (I use NuStevia brand)
-1/4 cup sugar
-2 medium limes

Crust:
-1 cup almonds ground
-1/4 cup peanuts ground

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 350.
-Melt chocolate.
-Press ground nuts into bottom of spring form.
-Combine all of the remaining ingredients, in no particular order, in a blender or with a hand mixer. I prefer my vita-mix, but I'm a total blender snob.
-Poor into spring form, and bake for 40-50 minutes.
-Let cool, refrigerate, and enjoy!

This cheesecake is extremely low cal, low fat, and DELISH. As you can tell by the above picture, I've already eaten half of it. No shame in that!

7 comments:

Jessica Marie July 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

girl that looks so freaking good

Heidi V July 9, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

o0o Thank you very much sounds yummy....

Alyssa S. July 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

So I take it the tofu measures up in texture too? It sure looks really good!

Lindsay Rose July 10, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

I can't wait to get a vita mix!!

Martice July 10, 2009 at 3:31 AM  

Ooh I'll try this! Not sure what stevia is, but I might find it :)

Chubby Stubby Kay July 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Looks delicious!!

Might have to try making this and hope I don't eat the whole thing! LoL

Post a Comment