Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Beautiful Wooden Spoons For My Babies

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A very precious memento that I have leftover from my childhood, is a rusty safety pin that my mom used to hold my cloth diapers together, decorated with a plastic yellow duck on the end. I don't remember when she gave it to me, but I know exactly where it is (for some reason I keep it in an old converse box filled with band and tour related keepsakes?), and its the first thing that flashes onto the projector in my mind when I concentrate on memories from my youngest years.

I wanted to get something special for my kids, that will be kept forever and ever. Nothing big or expensive, just a little something that has the option to hold a lot of love, and hopefully represent some of their most important memories. Something just for them.

The other day I was browsing on Etsy, looking for inspiration for something completely unrelated to my kids (ornament ideas, for some upcoming swaps that I'm involved in, which slipped my mind as I stumbled upon these), and I came across the more adorable, most perfect gifts for my babies.

I ordered them right then and there.

Today my package came in the mail. Inside of it was a beautiful handwritten note, and my children's neatly wrapped heirlooms.



I am in love with these spoons. Aren't they the most precious things that you've ever seen, ever? I can't wait to give them to Charlie and Eleanore on Christmas morning. Charlie will stick his straight into his mouth, the way that he does with everything, and Eleanore will probably toss hers to the side to get to the good stuff (shes got some really fun stocking stuffers this year, so it won't come as a shock when she'd rather play with her kaleidoscope or new bath squirters), but- either way, for me its going to be magical.

If you want to get some beautiful wooden spoons like these ones for your little one, please visit Etsy shop ElementalHandcrafts. The spoons are only $6.50 each, which is more than affordable, and really I can't think of a more perfect gift.

22 comments:

Anonymous,  November 17, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Those are so pretty!

Unknown November 17, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Adorable! I may have to get one for Iggie. He'd love it.

Lauren November 17, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

Such a sweet gift! I remember when I was little, the cool spoons were always the ones you competed for. But this does both - awesome spoons and no competition!

Giggly November 17, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Very precious! I love how their names are on them so beautifully.

Alyssa S. November 17, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Very pretty! I like how they are made from wood...very different from your typical pewter or silver. I bet Amelia would love one...she is still enamored with her tacky orange Chuck E Cheese spoon she won there. If anyone else tries to use it she'll tell you "but that's mine!"

Crafty Mama November 17, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I had one of those same exact diaper pins! I believe it stayed at my mom's when I moved out though. I used to love diapering my dolls with it. I also had a blue one that I'm pretty sure was a duck also.

Johanna November 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

how adorable! they will make perfect keepsakes.

soul_searching_mama November 17, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

Strangely enough one of the baby things I kept from my childhood was a safety pin my mom used for my diapers too! Only it had a turtle on it. But I love it just the same. :) That is really awesome that you have one too. Those wooden spoons are ADORABLE!! What a wonderful keepsake for your children. :) Way to go mommy!

Brandi November 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

aww i love the spoons! i'll have to go check out her shop.

i also have a big ole safety pin from when i was a baby! it's just a regular one with a metal end with the pink paint chipping off. i love it though!

FairiesNest November 17, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

Those are gorgeous and will make beautiful keepsakes!

woolies November 17, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

What a wonderful heirloom your children will always have.
:0)

themagiconions November 17, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Wow... they are stunning! I'm straight off to get some for my two.
Blessings and magic.

Mama K's November 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

So Beautiful, and a great post too.
Nice one Mamacita...

Http://MamaKs.Etsy.com

Linda November 17, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

Such beautiful spoons, I think I need to purchase some:)

Harvest Moon by Hand November 18, 2009 at 5:21 AM  

The spoons are lovely...both in their design as well as that they have the children's names on them.

Ann
Harvest Moon by Hand
http://www.harvestmoonbyhand.etsy.com

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo November 18, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

Great post! So super sweet those spoons!
http://www.birchleafdesigns.etsy.com

Alessandra@ Tribal Times November 18, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

What a special gift! Those are so lovely!
-Alessandra
www.lalaspequenos.com

Rebecca November 18, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

I love her Etsy shop too:) Those are perfect:)

MapleShadeKids.etsy.com November 18, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

The spoons are beautiful! I am sure they will be treasured and put to good use. :)

Wanda
Maple Shade Kids

Kunklebaby November 20, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

Those are fantastic and a WONDERFUL price! I'm off to order some for my littlest one! Thanks!

Post a Comment