Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Goats!!!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I had the diaper bag halfway put together, both kids were getting their shoes on (ok Charlie was chewing on his and Eleanore was crying by the front door because hers were on backwards and she couldn't possibly fix it herself), I was just minutes away from getting us off on a mid week adventure to the zoo, when- suddenly my phone lights up with a text message from my long lost friend Saybra, something about how the babies can play with goats?

WHAT! Yes! Where?? We love goats!

Ok, I hate goats (I've been attacked twice, maybe even three times), but the babies would love it, I know they would!

I quickly texted Saybra back, and within 15 minutes, we were all strapped into the car, on our way to play with goats! We'd save the zoo for another day.


Of course I got lost on the way, having lived here for 4 years and still having no idea how to get around this dang town, but we eventually got there, with farm songs on the cd to spare.

Eleanore got out of the car quickly, jumped around and nearly broke her neck bending it in every direction to try and see where the goats were hiding, without having to leave her comfort zone beside the van. While Saybra was putting a puppy dog into a kennel, Elie spotted the goats off in the distance behind a fence, and off she went.


Charlie sat happily on my back on the ERGO, while Elie stood by my side observing them while they snacked, too afraid to actually touch one. She was really excited while they were eating and nudging each other like cute animal friends do, but as soon as they got close to her she'd back up with wide eyes and panic in her voice. After being in the field for awhile, she started warming up to them like I knew she would, and broke down and did the goat dance with me.

Whats the goat dance, you ask? Pretty much a hip shake with flailing chicken arms, and a little "goat goat goat, oh goat goat" song to go with it.

The goats got bored with our company, and ran off to play on a pile of boards by the barn alone. We had been out there for awhile by that point, so after some more goat dancing and another attempt at pushing Eleanore to feed them when she clearly didn't want to, we decided to head inside to visit the puppy dogs and snack on frozen waffles and juice.


All in all, the kids loved the adventure. The green grass, the poop on our shoes, the sun on our skin- so much fun. Charlie fell asleep on the way home, and Eleanore passed out face first on her bed just five minutes after walking through the door.

I'd say it our first playdate with goats was a success.

And um, I didn't get attacked, so- thats good too.

15 comments:

TheFrogBag April 14, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

Haha! Loved this! Great photos too. Here's to goats!

Adrienne April 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

How fun! I remember going to stinky petting zoos as a kid & being terrified of the goats. I bet Elenore will be braver once Charlie is a bit older and her side kick. I always felt so much better when my brother was around. We actually live in the same apartment building now. :)

Danielle April 14, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

LOL. I am always getting lost too. I've lived here all my life. And do not ever ask me for directions. ;)

Very cute photos. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time!!

CourtneyKeb April 14, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

Anything with a goat dance sounds fun to me!!

How fun!!!

Chana@ Mamma Town April 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

Too fun! We grew up around goats, and they can be agressive...just extra excited I'll say:) Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves!
Seriously, you need to enter your kids in some sort of beautiful baby contests!! Good Lord you two make cute kids! Or....just keep getting preggers and filling our world up with your adorable faced humans!

soul_searching_mama April 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

We totally want to own a goat when we have our own house! That looked like a lot of fun! :)

beka April 14, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

Oh, my gosh. Charlie is SO cute:) Sounds like bunches of fun, those goats! Haha, the goat song...and dance. Would've loved to see that.

Sarah April 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

how is it that i can love a little family so much and not even know them!?

They call me mommy... April 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

So glad you had fun and even better that you didnt get attacked! SCORE!

Mommy Elephant Sarah April 15, 2010 at 1:53 AM  

Fun!! There are only two places I know of around here to visit goats...Disneyland & a small zoo. The goats aren't out right now at Disneyland though, but in the Fall they have a petting zoo. I wonder if Max will like them.
Beautiful pictures as always. :)

Lisa@goodknits April 15, 2010 at 2:04 AM  

sounds like fun! hooray for not getting attacked!! that's always a plus.

jen April 15, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

man i want a goat so bad. those goats weren't attacking you, they were trying to love you HARD lol

Unknown April 15, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

great shots!! We raise sheep but once upon a time we had goats as well. They are such a bear to keep up! LOL Now we just have the sheep, cattle, horses, donkeys and chickens. ;0)

Chelsey - The Paper Mama April 15, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

Fun fun! Loved the photos!

Thanks for sharing some love! I've posted your cute button too! Have a fun weekend!

-chelsey

Beki - TheRustedChain April 16, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

How fun!!!

I want goats. And my hubby says no. We're still working on him though...

Post a Comment