Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

I Heart Faces: Yellow

Monday, May 24, 2010


Its been awhile since I entered a photo challenge, but while browsing through my Flickr account this morning, this picture caught my heart by floating balloon string and gave it a little tug.

Miss Eleanore, happy as can be, going round and round a flat train track. Her very first ride.

Moments before, we had ridden the merry go round, the kids and I. So I guess that was technically her first ride, but- this was her first ride all by herself. The other kids on the train sat in their carts, with looks of complete misery painted across their faces, while our Eleanore could be heard on the other side of the carnival, squealing with delight as loudly as her lungs would allow. She held onto the bar, as if letting go would shut it all down, and she laughed so hard I wasn't sure if she'd be able to catch her breath. "Look at me!", she shouted, every time she passed by. And I was- I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Her joy was beautiful. Overwhelming. Perfect.


9 comments:

considerthelillies May 24, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

nothing as beautiful as heartfelt pure joy from a child!

Anonymous,  May 24, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

I love it!!!

beka May 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Awwwww:) Love that picture.
The sweetest.

Mrs Mar May 24, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

So how hard was it to get her off the train. She looks so happy, I love smiling kids.

SillyLittleLady May 24, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

That is so precious Tia, wonderful photo, heartwarming story to go along with it :)

Rogue Wild May 24, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

I love seeing that look on a childs face!! how many times she ride it?

Colleen May 24, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

Wonderfully sweet. She looks so happy!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama May 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

Great photo! I'm glad you put a photo up this week for I Heart Faces.

Post a Comment