Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday: August 2006

Thursday, July 29, 2010


So this week, for Flashback Friday, I'm going to post some never been seen photos from 5 summers ago. Pictures of the days leading up to, the days of, and the days directly after- Miss Eleanore's birth.

I didn't even know I had these pictures, until just now. After they were all taken, they were uploaded onto Christopher's Mom's laptop, and then mostly never seen again. I remember her uploading them onto photobucket for us a year or two or three ago, and sending me the link. I found the link, saved the pictures to this computer, and- well, lets go back to August 2006...







No I know, none of those are very flattering pictures. I had gained a horrible amount of weight, I was on bed rest, and- did you see the one where I was caught off guard while playing dress up in Hubby's uniform? Tee hee.



This picture was taken the day that I went into labor. Christopher was in tech school, and even though my preeclampsia required me to stay in my bed, his squadron was on lock down (somebody had gotten a DUI, or done something equally stupid- nobody could leave their buildings for days) at his training base, so I went to see him. It was a weekend, and I wasn't allowed into his Dorm room. We parked it in the lobby of his building, me surrounded with pillows and water bottles, him in full uniform because that was part of the group punishment. We ordered a pizza and played scrabble. I remember being as uncomfortable as a pregnant lady can be, but I wanted to be uncomfortable there, with him, rather than all alone back in my empty apartment.



My water broke around 1am. I was a day shy of 38 weeks.

And while someday I'll type out my full birth story (and I guess I'll probably have to re use these same pictures), for now I think we'll just let the photographs do most of the talking.



20 hours after arriving at the hospital, Christopher was suiting up in his fancy disposable scrubs, waiting patiently to reunite with me down in the operating room...




And then before we knew it, we were more than just Christopher and Tia. We were a family.



Welcome to the world, Miss Eleanore Sue.



Christopher slept on a tiny little pull out bed (obviously not made for Sasquatch).



And he changed the first poopy diaper. Yeah Daddy!




And in the end, we bought her home, and watched her grow into the beautiful little lady that she is today.

Such beautiful memories. But time sure has gone by faster than I ever imagined it would.

Can you believe, that in just a week and a half, 5 summers later, we'll be doing this all over again, but with our third?

...blows my mind.


*******************************************************
If you're new to Flashback Friday, don't be shy! Heres how we do it-

Grab an old photo (or if you're like me, a bazillion), write a little bit about it, and link up! We love love love to invade your personal Polaroid history, so don't be shy, post your photo, and expect a lot of comments starting with "awwwwww". Unless its a sad post, and then... well those might start with "awww" too. I swear, most weeks I cry at half of your flashbacks (I know, I'm pregnant, so-). Anyways- (please please, because this helps spread the word!) don't forget to either text link back to this post, or grab one of our buttons from down below. Can't wait to see what y'all have to share with us!!



24 comments:

The Doll July 29, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

I love the picture of you in his uniform. I think I would have made that a tradition.

Christopher looks so young. I hope you do post your labor story some day. I would love to read it.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama July 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

Oh, sweet sweet little baby. She's so cute! So nice to find those photos huh?

Unknown July 29, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

Aw, I love you two. So clearly born to be parents.

Oh Mandie July 29, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

You make one cute preggo Mama!! Amazing how that tiny lil thing can take up so much of your body, isn't it? You're a beautiful mother Tia!

And I love it when you post pics of Christopher with so much hair! lol

Brandi July 30, 2010 at 12:18 AM  

oh my gosh, eleanore was *such* a pretty baby! (and i honestly don't say that about all babies! ha!) :)

TexasBobbi July 30, 2010 at 12:28 AM  

Wow, look how young you both look.

R Montalban July 30, 2010 at 3:09 AM  

Oh how nice to remember and also look forward to!

Mommy Elephant Sarah July 30, 2010 at 4:03 AM  

Oh my gawd, heart melt on that last photo of you holder her. I can't believe how fast time really does go by. People say it all the time, but it is REALLY true! I love the two pictures of both of you holding baby E too. I can't believe it's almost time. I can't wait to see what she looks like.

BTW, got your card today. Thank you. It was nice getting snail mail. :)

krissilugbill July 30, 2010 at 4:33 AM  

I LOVE THIS FLASHBACK! love all your preggy photo's especially the one in your hubbys uniform! haha so cute! what a little cutie you had and love that you said that pull out was not made for sasquatch...i am obsessed with sasquatches! hahaha awesome

Christina July 30, 2010 at 8:56 AM  

You are a cute pregnant gal! That's a sweet flashback. :) Her face is so precious in the newborn pictures. I am really excited for your family's soon arrival of Evelyn!

Kunklebaby July 30, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Awwwww! LOVE these! Thanks for sharing these with us!

BeckyKay July 30, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Look at how YOUNG Christopher looks!!!

and what a beautiful baby she was!

Laura Craig July 30, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

Love all the pics!!!! I love going back in time and looking at all of the pictures from our past!!!!! That is what I love so much about blogging!!!! Leaving those memories in a spot where you can go back and look anytime!!!

Time seriously goes by WAY too fast!!!! I remember my first pregnancy so well!!!! And the first time I met Mackenzie!!!! It seems like just yesterday!!! And here it is almost 7 years later and she is going in to the first grade!!!!!

I found that time has picked up speed since having Madison. Since I know she is the last baby for us, time has just flown by at ludicrous speed!! She is already 19 months and I feel like I didn't get to enjoy her baby stage nearly enough.

Rogue Wild July 30, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Dude, hands down, the playing dress up in Christophers uniform looked like a planned photo, so awesome!!! One day you will see how beautiful you are, pregnant or not =o) I LOVE seeing pregnant bellies!!

Elie's profile is the same!! So so sweet and beautiful!

Danielle @ We Have It All July 30, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

OhMyGosh!!! You two were so young & so cute!!! Love the pictures, so sweet.

Have a great weekend :)

Mary July 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

How old were you? you look so young!

Alyssa S. July 30, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

You look adorable...and still like a baby yourself. It's hard to believe that in no time you'll have another little bundle gracing your family. Exciting!!!!

This Little Bird July 30, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

Awww..you all look so young in these pictures (not that you look old now) but... cute pics. Time sure flies.

Mrs. Mommy July 30, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

I LOVE the pictures!!! Especially the one in uniform. Now I have an idea for my next pregnancy. :0) Thank you for sharing!!! I love Flashback Fridays!

They call me mommy... July 30, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

I LOVE the baby belly pics! isn't it so nice to find lost photos? You are lovely dear and so is your family cant wait to see #3!

Bellz Journey July 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

My God were you a cute mama!! Even giving birth you look good...so jealous right now :) Also, I have to say Elenore looked like a mini Christopher when she was born!!

*Christie* July 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Love all your preggo pictures!!! I just participated in flashback friday for the first time today. Been scanning pics for my parents and it's given me tons to blog about :) Hope you will check them out, they are the "live laugh love" and "ian and christie" ones. I did one edition on my own blog and one on the blog my hubby and I share. Thanks so much for facilitating :)

soul_searching_mama July 31, 2010 at 2:04 AM  

I love the photos, especially the last one of you and Elie!!!!! :)

Chelsea August 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

I love her name, and your pictures, you guys are too cutE!

Post a Comment